Friday, January 20, 2017

Album Cover Assignment



For my Album Cover, I created a band called 'LOYAL DEFIANCE', and created an album for them called 'LITTLE REMAINS'.




My adjectives are edgy, deep, dark, emotional and mysterious. The band's personality should resemble that of storytelling emo's; meaning they tell their own story in a dark but beautiful way. I executed this in my design by choosing a dark colour palette and dark elements to bring out the edginess that is my band.

I came up with a few original designs including human hearts, X's, and Aristotle fonts. I also came up with the idea of crowns, which I took as the 'loyal' element. I also tried to express the name of the band in the design, but to be entirely honest, I don't think I really did that well, as happy as I am with my final design.

I used elements of line to lead the eye to the ends and centre of the album, and also to showcase the edgy heart in the centre of the cover.
I used photoshop for my roughs, and created several sketches also.

Overall, I did achieve what I hoped for. Although I didn't really nail what I'd hoped to showcase with the Band name.

No comments:

Post a Comment